Screen Awards 2017: first wave of judges announced
Deadline approaching for UK industry awards; ceremony moves to November 30 for 2017.
The first batch of judges for the 2017 Screen Awards have been revealed
Now in their eighth year, the industry awards celebrate the ingenuity, skills and achievements of the people, teams and companies that connect films with UK audiences.
There are 20 categories encompassing marketing, distribution, publicity and exhibition.
This year’s ceremony takes place a month later than previous editions - the winners will be announced on Thursday November 30 at the Grange St. Paul’s in London.
Last year’s Screen Awards saw Disney, Fox and Picturehouse all win big.
With more judges to be confirmed, the first tranche features:
- Marc Allenby - CEO, Trafalgar Releasing
- Chris Besseling - head of theatrical marketing, eOne
- Sally Griffith - director of film and cinema, chapter arts centre and director of BFI Film Hub - Wales
- Suzanne Noble - head of UK publicity and corporate communications, Studiocanal
- Mandy Kean - director of cinema – Europe, Soho House
- Kevin Markwick - owner, The Picture House Uckfield
- Damian Spandley - director of programme, Curzon Cinemas
- David Livingstone - producer, Calamity Films
- Amanda Posey - producer, Wildgaze Films
- Amit Dey - director – acquisitions and production, Universal Pictures International Entertainment
- Andrew Orr - managing director, Independent Film Sales
- Vanessa Saal - head of worldwide sales, Protagonist Pictures
- Chris Lawrance - publicity and marketing consultant
- Colin Swift - managing director, Substance Global
- Ian Cartwright - director and co-founder, Ourscreen
- Tom Linay - head of film, Digital Cinema Media
- Sam Cryer - director, Intermission
- Jonathan Rutter – director of film, Premier
The announcement comes as the deadline for entry approaches - click here for more details.